Below, you will find general guidelines for oral and poster presentations. All presenters should attend the 2024 Keynote Address on Monday, April 8, from 3-4 p.m.
Guidelines for Oral Presentations
Each oral session will feature concurrent presentations in separate rooms. On Monday, April 8, 2024, the four 50-minute oral sessions will follow the Monday class schedule from 10:20 a.m. to 2:40 p.m. On Tuesday, April 9, 2024, the five 75-minute oral sessions will follow the Tuesday class schedule from 9:35 a.m. to 5:10 p.m.
- Each oral session room will have a laptop and projector. Presenters are responsible for bringing a copy of their presentation on a USB flash drive. We recommend saving your presentation in either PowerPoint or PDF format.
- Arrive 15 minutes before the start of your assigned session to check in at the registration desk, find your assigned room, introduce yourself to the session convener, and set up your presentation.
- You will have 15 minutes for your presentation, including 1-2 minutes for an introduction; 10‐12 minutes for your presentation; and 1‐3 minutes for a Q&A.
Guidelines for Poster Presentations
There is one poster session, and it will be held 4-6 p.m. on Monday, April 8, 2024. Presenters must be available to discuss their posters for the entire session. Posters must be displayed and ready for viewing by 2:30 p.m. on Monday, April 8, 2024. The Classic Center will be open at 8 a.m. to allow you to hang your poster.
- Your poster should be horizontal, up to 48 inches wide by 36 inches high at the largest. It can be smaller but must be readable from at least three feet away.
- The following should be prominently displayed by your poster: 1) Research / presentation title; 2) student author(s); 3) faculty research mentor(s); 4) institution (UGA); and 5) the Center for Undergraduate Research Opportunities (CURO) logo.
- CURO will cover the cost of printing your poster if you use Print & Copy Services in the Tate Student Center and submit online prior to the deadline.