Through the CURO Conference Participation Grant, we provide support for undergraduate students to present their research at conferences throughout the United States. Awards consider your progress in academic and research endeavors, the quality of your essay, and the fit between participation in the conference and your academic and professional goals.
You are eligible to apply for a conference participation grant if you are:
- An undergraduate student involved in faculty-mentored research
- Presenting your research at a conference (or disciplinary equivalent)
The amount of each award varies depending on travel and conference participation costs, an applicant’s financial need, and the funds we have available. The maximum amount of any conference participation grant is $1,500.
CURO will only cover the cost of conference registration, travel, lodging, and food (based on the U.S. General Services Administration per diem rates for the area you are visiting). CURO will not cover the cost of Airbnb, VRBO, car sharing, personal excursions, souvenirs, alcohol, or meal costs above the per diem rate.
- Submit the CURO Conference Participation Grant form to [email protected] as soon as you have received an invitation to present. We do not accept group applications; each individual undergraduate student must apply separately before attending the conference in order to receive funds.
- Apply before attending the conference. Applications received after a conference will not be approved.
- Include a letter (or email) of acceptance from the conference that verifies the acceptance of your poster or presentation into the conference proceedings.
Because the conference participation grant relates to conference travel, the university requires us to follow a reimbursement model. We cannot pay for travel that hasn’t occurred yet. You must complete your trip before we can start the reimbursement process.
As a CURO Conference Participation Grant recipient, you are required to present your research at the spring CURO Symposium.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at [email protected].