The CURO Symposium site allows applicants to create/edit an application, identify their research mentor, submit their abstract and, if they wish, submit a best paper submission.
Creating an application and submitting an abstract is a step-by-step process. Please review the steps below and consider printing them out as a guide.
1. Select the "Submit an Abstract" link (under APPLICANTS) from the menu at the left.
2. Click on the link in the teaser window.
3. Log-in using your MyID and password.
4. Review the submission requirements at the top of the page.
5. Once you have reviewed the submission requirements, click "Begin Your Application."
6. Mentor Search: the first step in creating your application is selecting a mentor. You will be able to search for, and ultimately, select your mentor. The current list is quite extensive, but if you cannot find your mentor, please submit a mentor request*.
Once you have found your mentor, click on "select mentor."
Selecting and confirming a mentor is essential. You cannot submit an abstract without a designated mentor. The mentor you select will receive an email once you have submitted.
*Mentor requests take 2-3 days to process, so please allow time for review and approval. Please note that you can save your application but cannot officially submit until you have a mentor listed.
7. Create Application: Once you have selected a mentor, you will be prompted to create your application. The application has a number of fields, many of which are required. Please carefully review and complete the application.
You must either type or copy/paste an abstract into the application. If your abstract contains special characters or symbols, you must also upload a copy of the abstract.
Abstracts must be limited to 250 words and free of spelling and grammatical errors. Abstracts must contain a thesis or problem statement, description of methods, statement of anticipated findings, and a statement of the significance of the research. Abstracts that do not adhere to these guidelines will not be considered.
8. Click "SAVE" (Please note: this only saves your application. To submit see step 9).
9. The next screen will show that you now have a saved application. You must click "Submit for Approval" to officially submit your application.
Once you officially submit, your profile will display this and indicate the status of your mentor's approval ("pending," "yes," or "no").
You will receive an email confirming your successful submission. Submitting will also trigger an email to your faculty mentor, who will be asked to review and approve or decline your abstract. You will be notified via email of faculty approval or decline. If your abstract is declined, you will have a brief window during which you can revise and re-submit your application for a second review.
10. Best Paper: You can officially submit your application before you submit a best paper submission. You do not have to do them in order. If you have a submission for best paper, please follow the prompts. If not, log off using the menu item at the left.
Please contact Eleana Whyte (email@example.com), CURO Program Coordinator, if you encounter diffculties.